Thorpe Camp Visitor Centre

The Centre was formerly part of No.1 Communal Site, RAF Woodhall Spa, and was built in 1940 with a planned life span of only 10 years!

The site included the Officers and Sergeants Messes, Airmen's Dining Halls and the NAAFI building, together with Ration Store, Latrines and Ablution Block. Only the Airmens's Dining Halls, the NAAFI, Ablution Block and Ration Store are within the Centre's boundary.The Thorpe Camp Preservation Group established the Visitor Centre in 1988 to commemorate those Airmen who flew from the airfield in World War II. 97, 619, 617 (Dambusters) and 627 Squadrons were based at RAF Woodhall Spa.

Opening Times

Sundays & Bank Holiday Mon Easter - Nov & Wednesdays July - Aug
13:00 - 17:26