- 0.00 Miles
- 2 to 2.5 hours
A circular walk of 4.5 miles from Nettleton village. This walk passes through an area that was, until a few decades ago, one of the most industrial parts of the Wolds. Today the Nettleton Valley is a grassy, peaceful picturesque place, and from the top there are fine views towards the River Trent and Lincoln.
- Distance: 4.5 miles. Allow 2 to 2.5 hours walking at a leisurely pace.
- Maps: OS Explorer map 282 and 284
- Parking: The Ramblers Car Park on the road from Nettleton to Normanby le Wold. Post code - LN7 6TA. Grid ref - TF 111 991
- Terrain: This is a varied walk mainly on grassy paths, and along a quiet country lane. The paths may be muddy so stout shoes or boots are recommended.
- Stiles: There are some stiles and gates, as well as a few slopes.
- Refreshments: The Salutation Inn (0.8 miles), The White Hart (1 mile) and Caistor Arts and Heritage Centre (1.2 miles).
- Public Transport: Buses stop at the Salutation Inn, Nettleton - for times ring Traveline 0871 200 2233 or visit www.traveline.info.
Looking after the Wolds - The Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service works in partnership with the Lincolnshire Wolds Joint Advisory Committee and other groups and individuals to help protect, enhance and raise awareness of this nationally protected landscape. For more information about the Wolds, please visit the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB website.