- 0.00 Miles
- 4.5 hours / 3 hours
A circular walk of either 14.5km (9 miles) or 9km (5.5 miles) from Horncastle, through Fulletby and West Ashby.
This walk follows part of the Viking Way, the long distance footpath between the Humber and Rutland Water, to gently ascend into the Lincolnshire Wolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and the village of Fulletby – the second highest village in the Lincolnshire Wolds.
- Distance: 14.5km or 9km (9 or 5.5 miles).
- Time: At a leisurely pace the longer walk will take approximately 4.5 hours and the shorter walk 3 hours to complete.
- Maps: OS Explorer 273; Landranger 122.
- Parking: Pay and Display car parks are located at The Bain (Tesco) and St Lawrence Street, Horncastle.
- Public transport: The Interconnect 6 bus service operates between Lincoln and Skegness, stopping in Horncastle. For further information and times call the Traveline on 0871 2002233 or visit www.lincsbus.info.
- Refreshments: There is a wide range of shops, cafes and pubs in Horncastle and the Green Dragon pub in West Ashby.
- Public toilets: St Lawrence Street, Horncastle
- Terrain: This walk uses field paths, tracks and quiet lanes which may be uneven and muddy in places. The shorter walk is stile free but you may encounter stiles on the longer walk.
This walk and leaflet have been put together with the assistance of the Horncastle Ramblers Group.