- 0.00 Miles
- 3 hours
A circular walk of 6.5 miles from the historic town of Louth to Tathwell, Raithby and back.
This is an enjoyable circular walk from Louth to Tathwell and Raithby. The route crosses fields and follows grass tracks and quiet lanes to explore these small hamlets. Great views towards Stenigot Mast and beyond can be seen on a clear day.
- Distance: 6.5 miles (10.5 km).
- Time: Approx. 3 hours at a leisurely pace.
- Maps: OS Landranger 122 and OS Explorer 282.
- Parking: Numerous car parks throughout the town – please check for parking tariffs.
- Terrain: Most footpaths are over arable land and therefore can be muddy. Some roadside walking and crossing Louth bypass.
- Refreshments: Cafes and pubs in Louth.
- Toilets: Public toilets on Eastgate, behind the New Market Hall and at the Bus Station on Church Street.
- Stiles: Numerous. Many are stock proof and therefore may be difficult for some dogs.
Looking after the Wolds - The Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service works in partnership with the Lincolnshire Wolds Joint Advisory Committee and other groups and individuals to help protect, enhance and raise awareness of this nationally protected landscape. For more information about the Wolds, please visit the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB website.