Here is the timetable for this wonderful community celebration to mark the 75th anniversary of the last Horncasle Horse Fair.
The Full Horse Fair Celebration Timetable:
6 July to 30 September
- Horncastle Horse Fair exhibition at the Joseph Banks Centre
22 July to 3 September
- Community made Horncastle Horse Fair Window Trail in 40 shopfronts around the town
Saturday 5 August, 9am to 3pm
- Free drop-in graffiti session at Horncastle Market led by James from lmageskool who did the amazing artwork on the public toilets on Lawrence Street.
Monday 7 - Saturday 12 August, 10am to 4pm
- Lumo Workshop drop-in arts & crafts sessions every day in the Community Centre. Members of the public will be able to pop in for a few minutes (or a few hours) to make horse hats and flags, or just to chat to the artists and watch them making the bigger horse puppet. Groups can be booked in too - just email email@example.com
Wednesday 9 August, 7pm
- Warhorse free film screening at Stanhope Hall - introduced by Joe Richardson, a West End actor and puppeteer who is originally from Horncastle and who worked on the National Theatre's production of War Horse.
Thursday 10 August, 11am
- Horncastle Horse Fair Guided Walk. Meet at the Joseph Banks Centre. No need to book, just turn up
Friday 11 August
- Horse Race raising funds for the Friends of St Mary's Church. 7pm for 7.30pm at the Community Centre.
Saturday 12 August
DAY 9am - 3pm, in the Market place
- All your market favourites plus extra craft stalls in the Market Place, with hands-on creative activities for families, some with a horsey theme
EVENING 7pm - 9pm, around town
- Community Centre at 7pm - meet at the community centre and bring your horse hats & flags made during the week. The new horse puppet will then make an appearance and together we will horse around town!
- Lion Theatre - Especially commissioned creative film by artist William Lindley being shown on a loop inside the Lion Theatre with additional lighting and effects.
- St Mary's Church - Montage of original Horse Fair images shown on a loop inside on a screen, with a soundtrack and some additional images and illuminations.
- lmageskool community designed graffiti boards on display
Saturday 12 August, 9pm
- Free fireworks at the Playing Fields at 9pm
Event Date & Time
- 05 Aug 2023 - 12 Aug 2023