- 08 Jul, 2020
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
The good news is that you’re now able to visit the Lincolnshire Wolds for a holiday, short break or day visit. We look forward to welcoming you back, but because of the virus some things will be a bit different.
It is therefore important that you ‘Know before you go’ which means doing your research and planning your visit. Not all businesses are operating as advertised due to the current Coronavirus situation. It is important to check the official websites of organisations and attractions in advance, to ensure you’re up to date on opening hours and any measures in place before you travel. Many of the attractions have introduced pre-booked ticketing and many restaurants and eating establishments require you to book in advance. So whether you plan to explore our countryside, gardens, parks and beaches, or our wildlife parks, historic sites and market towns, you’ll be able to do so with confidence.
To ensure we’re all doing our bit to travel responsibly, here are a few simple steps to help make planning easy:
- When planning your trip, check that important facilities – like toilets and car parks – are open before you travel so you’re not caught short.
- If you have an attraction and/or place to eat in mind, please check online to see if you need to pre-book.
- Some places may be extremely popular, so get off the beaten track and discover a hidden gem.
- Keep two metres apart from anyone outside your household where possible, Government guidance now states that if you cannot keep a 2 metre distance, reduce the risk to yourself and others by maintaining a 1 metre distance where possible, and taking suitable precautions.
- Wear a face mask at all times when on public transport like buses, trains and taxis.
- Make sure you have a bank card; many outlets are currently only accepting cashless payments and you don’t want to miss out.
- Take hand sanitiser with you – you don’t know where will be open for you to wash your hands.
‘We’re Good To Go’ is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines
and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. For added reassurance, an ‘alert’ system will ensure that businesses signed up to the standard are notified of any changes to the official guidance – so you can visit them with confidence. Many of our business have already been awarded this accreditation, look out for this logo…
The most important thing is to please keep to the Government guidelines…